Blog Archive

What is Social Media?

What is Social Media? Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Text Messaging are all Examples of Social Media. Did you know that over 40% of Emails are Deleted Daily but 96% of Text Messages are Read? Let's talk about how you are reaching out to your customers. Email me at Melisa.Canizales@Gmail.com.
Search & Win
Search & Win
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

More Than Just a Phone..The Answer to a Reading Resolution!

It's 2011 and I have created the obligatory list of things I will do better this year..on the top of the list is "read more."  Each year I add this to my list and swear I will knock out at least one book a month.  This task doesnt sound too hard...in theory.  Then I leave the book at home, or switch bags, or forget it in the car, the house, or on the plane.  (You get the idea.)  Life takes over and reading becomes what I tried to do...right before I fell asleep.

I have a new solution to my reading issue..I bought my smart phone becauses of it's internet capabilities..add to it a business card scanner, ebay app, and a free GPS system and I was in heaven.  Just when I thought it could not get better I discovered the Kindle app...OH I AM IN LOVE ALL OVER!!  I have moved my magazine subscriptions to online...no more magazines sitting in packages all over the counter.  I also found if you look around you can find free books. (all the classics are always available).  The books you buy are incredibly inexpensive.  (I think the most I spent was $7.00..."All You" swore it was a good book..we will see!)  So this year..thanks to my smart phone and my kindle app, my books and magazines are with me where ever I go.  No more bulky bags, carrying magazines on planes or trying to figure out where the last place I left my book was...watch out 2011...I WILL READ MORE AGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment